Now is the time to join the Beckman Wrestling boys or girls wrestling team. This needs to get done ASAP. Here are the steps that you need to take:
1) SUBMIT ONLINE FORM – Click on the “Join Beckman Wrestling” button to the right and submit the online form. This will notify Coach Smith that you would like to join the Beckman boys or girls wrestling team.
2) BLUE CARD – Get a “blue” card from Mrs. Oberlin in the athletic office. Complete and turn in the “blue” card with your athletic clearance forms and physical forms.
3) CHANGE YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE – Schedule an appointment with your counselor and request to join the wrestling team and have your class schedule changed to 6th period wrestling.
4) ATHLETIC CLEARANCE FORMS – Print the athletic clearance forms from this website. Click on “team info.” and scroll to section that reads “forms.” Print and turn in the completed forms to Mrs. Oberlin in the athletic office.
5) GET YOUR PHYSICAL – If you participated in a sport this fall, you do not need to get a physical. The one you have on file is sufficeint. If you did not participate in a sport this fall, you will need to get a physical from your doctor and turn in the paper work to Mrs. Oberlin by Monday, November 16th.
6) TRANSPORTATION FEE – After you are in 6th period wrestling and cleared to wrestle by a doctor, you will need to pay a $120 transportation fee. You can pay in the student store during break, lunch, or after school. The check is payable to: Beckman ASB.
7) BECKMAN WRESTLING TEAM HANDBOOK – This is a general overview of the team commitments, guidelines, and requirements. Both parent and wrestler needs to sign the team handbook and return it to Coach Smith.
8) CREATE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT – All five (5) wrestling coaches are walk-on coaches, which means that we DO NOT teach on campus. Because this is the case, Facebook is the primary source of communication for our parents and wrestlers. I post a weekly agenda every Sunday, along with practice room assignments, tournament schedules, competition photos/videos, fundraisers, booster meetings, wrestling technique videos, motivational speeches/readings, etc….Facebook will help you know what is going on and where your wrestler needs to be, and when. I strongly encourage that all wrestlers and at least one parent have joined our Facebook team page. You will need to search for our group: Beckman Patriot Wrestling and request to join our group so you can be given access.
9) TEAM APPAREL – Ask Coach Smith for an order form. All orders need to be submitted by Friday, November 20th.